Thursday, May 20, 2010

Commencement Speech


As we close this chapter of our lives, we begin to write another known as our future. These last four years have gone by fast, even though at times they haven't felt like it. We came into high school bright eyed, a little scared, looking forward to making new friends, but also reconnecting with the ones we have known since kindergarten. We've been looking forward to the day we graduate since we started high school, but now that it's here we're looking back on the last four years. It doesn't seem like that long ago when we first walked through the halls and were trying to figure out where our classes were, who our teachers would be or if we knew anyone in class. As freshman year progressed, we got to know people who we hadn't seen since elementary school again, and we became better acquainted with our teachers and classes. Then sophomore year came and went, the nervousness about high school disappeared. Junior year was here before we knew it and that's when our teachers officially started talking to us about college, as the years progressed I became more and more involved in school. The closer we got to senior year the more we looked forward to graduation. The college application process arrived quickly along with our senior year, and the final countdown to graduation. Nobody tells you how stressful or expensive senior year is, but believe me there are some parts that are. This year was the time in our lives where we had to decide what we want to do with the rest of our lives, and we start realizing that the decisions that we make now will shape the rest of our lives. I will always remember damn it Bailey! That was started this year in english/art. These last few years haven't always been the easiest but there is very little I would change. As I prepare to begin the next chapter in my life, I need to thank a few people. First off my classmates and friends, you guys are the one's who have made the last few years fun and I will miss you guys as we all go our separate ways, but I know we will all try to keep in touch. I will see some of you at USF this summer and I know we will continue to be friends throughout college. Whatever your next adventure in life is be careful and make the best decisions, always go after your dreams, and stand up for what you believe in. It's not goodbye, it's see you later. Best of Luck in Life. Next I need to thank my teachers, without them these last thirteen years would not be possible. Over the years, I have had some pretty great teachers and teachers who I look to not only as teachers but as friends, role models, and second mom's. I will definitely keep in touch with them in the future. Mrs. Ladd, Mrs. McCann, and Mrs. Kauffman, thank you for teaching me and putting up with me these last few years. You've been the support systems in school, the teachers I talk to about everything and the teachers who have been there for me through everything this year. I don't know if I could ever thank you enough!! Last but certainly not least I need to thank my family, I literally would not have been able to get through these last 18 years without you. You have been there through everything and know me better than I know myself. I may not always agree with you, but I know you always have my best interest at heart no matter the situation. Congratulations, Class of 2010! Our hard work has finally paid off and we did it!!
Picture from http://www.kerstencards.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/graduation-graduation-card-16007.jpg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See? The Chinese obviously think you're a great writer. <3