

We have written a post about texting while driving earlier this year. My thoughts on it have not changed. I think it is extremely dangerous. There is nothing that important that can't wait for a few moments until you are safely off the road, and if the text is that important, than you should get off the road before you text back. I have been in the car with a lot of people who text and drive, and sometimes I don't even pay attention or think about it, but there are times where it makes me nervous, and where I'm like hand the phone to me and i'll text them for you. But it is still dangerous and not smart. There are some states where you are not allowed to have a phone up to your ear or text while driving, and if you are caught you get a ticket, and is a text message really worth paying a lot of money for it. I don't think so. Also, studies show that texting while driving can be just as dangerous as drunk driving, an accident takes only seconds to happen, and it only takes a coupe seconds to send a text, so an accident can happen just as fast as a text message. Oprah came up with the "No Phone Zone" Pledge because she realizes just how dangerous it really is, I know I will definitely sign the pledge will you? It seems like when Oprah gets behind something, everybody does, because she has an effect on people. It's good that she has brought to light the importance of not using a cell phone while driving. Here is something to think about, Would you drive down the road reading the newspaper, then why would you distract yourself by reading or sending a text? Don't put your life or the life of others in danger and think before you send a text while behind the wheel.
Pictures from
http://static.oprah.com/images/tows/200911/20091119-tows-no-phone-zone-300x205.jpg
http://media.cnbc.com/i/CNBC/Sections/CNBC_TV/CNBC_US/Shows/_Documentaries_Specials/The_Oprah_Effect/Slideshow/OprahEffect_Slide_Intro.jpg
No comments:
Post a Comment