Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Economy

I think the state of the economy has effected everyone including my family. My stepdad has been unemployed for a while now, and because of the economy the Construction business has not been doing well, which is making it difficult for him to find a job. As a senior I feel like I am always asking my parents for money. There seem to be expenses coming from everywhere, I feel like at least twice a week I'm asking for my mom to pay for something whether it is SAT's or College Application Fees, or Senior Expenses, it all adds up and is a lot of money, especially in this economy. It's definitely an adjustment when you go from two incomes to one, especially when there are fees for senior year. Second Semester gets expensive, Senior fees are $90.00, Grad Nite is $110.00, and Prom is $55.00. That's a few hundred dollars right there. That's just the expenses for me, I have two other sisters and a lot of other things may parents have to take care of. I bet your family maybe in the same position as are a lot of families, where you can afford to do the necessary things, but when it comes extra things money gets a little tight. Hopefully the economy will be turning around soon, it's already started to make a little progress.

No comments: