Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Gratitude!

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." - Eric Hoffer
This time of year is the time when people show how grateful they really are. I should show my gratitude all year round, but that doesn't always happen. This year, along with every other year, I am grateful for my family. I have a great family, they do a lot for me and don't always get the appreciation they deserve. I'm not only grateful for my immediate family, but for my extended family as well, I have a big extended family and we are always there for each other no matter what. I love the holidays because it's the time of year when my family gets together and we just spend time with each other, no matter what we are doing, we are spending time together. I am also grateful for my friends, who along with my family have my back no matter what, and I have theirs.
This time of year is the time to realize how fortunate you are for the things and people in your life. There are many people in this world who don't have a roof over there, or clothes on their backs, the simple things in life that we take for granted. Believe it or not, I bet if you gave those people this prompt, they would be grateful for the few things they do have. I am grateful for the opportunity to go to school with my friends and make my own decisions, which people in other countries can't do. Those are the things in life that I am grateful for, as you enjoy the holidays remember the things that you are grateful for and express that gratitude. The holidays are the time of year when I realize that I should show my gratitude more, and to be grateful for the simple things in life that are often taken advantage of.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

1 comment:

Swanson said...

Great quote! You are very fortunate to have such a wonderful family.