1. Don't treat us like we're first graders. Unless we are in first grade. I have had teachers in middle and high school that talk down to us, and make us feel stupid. That just makes us as students frusturated, because we aren't stupid and don't need to be talked down too. Treat us our age unless for some reason we show that we need to be treated like babies, which hopefully won't happen. In middle school I had a teacher who always made us feel stupid and that made me hate the class.
2. Have fun. I love every once in a while having a game day or doing something different. There are times where we just need a break, and to always mix it up a little. If all we ever do is work out of the text book people are going to get bored and not pay attention.
3. Listen to the students. who knows better than how we learn or what interests us then us. Take our suggestions or what we have to say into consideration.
4. Get to know your students. I have had some of my teachers for two or more years now and those are the teachers that have I will keep in touch with in the future, they have taken the time to get to know me and their other students on a more personal level and that is ssomething that can help them teach better becasuse they understand and know us. It makes us more comfortable with the people who are supposed to be teaching us and preparing us for the rest of our lives.
5. Give us some freedom. Like when it comes to using the bathroom and choosing our seats. I have teachers who allow us to go to the bathroom when we need to go and choose our own seats which gives us some frredom. We are 17 and 18 years old I think we can choose a seat in class, or be able to use the bathroom without always having to ask. We are going to be entering the real world in a few months and you don't have to ask to use the bathroom in the real world or in college.
Those are just some of my tips for teachers from a students perspective.
No comments:
Post a Comment