As I look back on my freshman year, I think back to how excited I was to be in high school, it was a time where I saw people I haven't seen since elementary school, those who I have been in school with throughout middle school, and those who I hadn't seen since daycare. It was also a little scary because we were back at the "bottom of the food chain"again, and we didn't know where to go and what to do. High School is supposed to be some of the best years of your life and in some ways it is. My advice to you would be to get to know your classmates, they can end up being lifelong friends, and you become friends with the people you really didn't know and/or get along with previously. They will become friends of yours because they are in the same boat as you, and may be some of the only people you can relate to at the time. Another piece of advice I can give to you is don't slack off freshman year. I was and still am a good student, who always wants to do the right thing, so I did maintain my grades. If you slack off, you'll be kicking yourself in the butt your junior and senior year trying to catch up and taking extra classes to be able to walk with your friends. As much as you would like to make mistakes about grades and school and learn on your own... listen to your parents and teachers because believe it or not they do know what they are talking about, and as much as you might think they don't care, they really do. They want to see you walk across that stage in 4 years. Also, feel free to join a sport or club because it will pay off and help you in the long run. One last thought, be nice to your teachers because you may need a teacher recommendation, and they will remember if you were respectful or not. You may even have the fortune of staying in contact with your high school teachers after high school, so take that oppurtunity and run with it because they can be some of the greatest mentors and supporters of you in life, along with your parents of course. I know I will definitely stay in touch with mine and I thank them for everything they have done for me over the last four years. So enjoy your high school years because they will be over before you know it and try your best in all that you do, and don't be afraid to make friends with your classmates, and even some of your teachers because that makes high school a little more enjoyable. Welcome to high school!
5 comments:
Hey Bailey very informal lots of freshmen would find it helpful
Very informative. Information every freshman needs!
bailey; yours was awesome. i liked how you talked about making the right choices. go girl.
That was great. When you're a freshman, you really are back at the bottom of the "food chain". Maybe High School wouldn't be so confusing and stressful if they provided us with a map of the school on the first day.
That was awesome, you gave lots of good advice.
Post a Comment